Being the first class you teach this year, there are many questions that you can answer. But my main question is how much will this help me in later life? Will this help me in college, and how much? I am not worried about not gettting anything out of this class, I just wonder how much I will retain. Also, how easy is the English 102 test? When will we be able to start studying for that test, and how much will we learn before that test? I need to improve on my writing style as an individual. I don't know what type of writing I am comfortable with. Writing in general is an important task that everyone should learn how to do in life. Why not learn how to master it at such a young age, that way learning things later on in life will be easier? Being a new student in this writing class, I am just nervous, like everyone else in this class. It is something new to all of us, we will all have to go with the flow and learn as we go on. I know you will teach this class very well and explain everything. I am excited to learn from you, again.
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Myself as a writer, I am not the most confident writer. I was not in Honors last year and that was a major disadvatage to me this year. I feel that I can not write as well as the others and I do not know all of the writitng styles. My strengths and weaknesses in writing are that I come up with plots very well and I can have my paragraphs flow easily. But, not having much experience writing essays, I feel less confident in the way I write. Being a new writer, I need to improve on many things.But, since we did write essays last year, I am a stronger writer than I think I am. Writing those few essays did help me out in learning the types of essay styles and how to write them. Also, learning about grammar and sentence structure helped me in the long run. Grammar is important in everyday life, and also with making sense in your essays. In this class, I want to be able to know the different types of essays and be able to write without a problem. Also, things I want to benifit from this class is to be able to be ready for college next year. I am excited to have this experience in this class. It will help with my writing and how confident I become as a writer. Overall, this class will benifit me in many ways that I am not able to grasp.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Even though you didn't take honors, I feel that you are going to do well in this course. It wasn't a per-requisite, but it does certainly help. From what I know of your writing, I would not call it weak or you a new writer.
ReplyDeleteMy goal in teaching this class is to help you later on in college. No matter what class you take, you're going to be expected to write. And sometimes that writing comes in the form of 8-10 page essays. This can be tough to tackle, even for an English major. It's important to learn different essay types and writing styles now so that you can use that knowledge and practice later on. Writing is like any other skill--it takes practice. I'm not going to pick up a volleyball and just suddenly be good at it. I'd have to practice (probably a lot for me...I'm not very coordinated). Keep notes and the book from this year to help you.
The test for English 101 (not 102) isn't too bad. You'll have the prompt ahead of time, which is good. And we can practice writing a bit before then.
Just keep calm, and we'll do just fine. It's all new to me as well. You survived English 3, right? :-)
10/10