During the summer, I was able to help special needs children on horses every Tuesday night. Helping out here made me realize how lucky I am to do things on my own. I could talk about how each one of them had different personalities and little things that made them mad. Also, how their families had to deal with this major life changing experience on how to deal with their child. These parents have to raise their child for the rest of their lives, which in many cases can be quite difficult. Dealing with a disabled child is a quite an experience; I enjoy being around them and having their day light up because they are able to see me. Also, they love the animals. These kids are genuinely sweet, and I could not meet any nicer group of kids. This experience has changed my life majorly; it made me realize there are worse things in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment